Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Technology




Before I blog about my frustrations let me tell you that I watch a lot of television when I'm not busy with school, basketball, work or hanging out. The only way I can keep up with my shows is with the help of my DVR.




Last week on Thursday as I was getting ready for school I had my TV turned to Sportscenter and while I was brushing my teeth the top 10 plays was on. When I was done I tried to rewind my TV to catch all the plays. For some reason my TV wouldn't rewind. I told myself I would deal with it when I got home. As I walked in the house after work, I heard a clicking sound coming from the receiver in my living room. In my mind I was like this I'm fucked doesn't sound good. Long story short, my DVR function was messed up and Dish Network had to send me a new receiver. I activated it this morning and I lost all my saved shows (Heroes, The Wire Season 5, Lost, etc.) and I have to go back and re-program all my shows to record. I already missed I Love Money 2, For the Love of Ray-J, Nip/Tuck, Baldwin Hills and who knows what else.

This incident got me thinking about how much I rely on technology. How did I watch television before satellite? How did people reach me before cell phones? *Gasp* What about before the Internet?

No comments: