Tuesday, February 3, 2009

High School Memories



So last night I was on facebook messaging one of my close friends from high school. She was a really good friend. She even wrote my essays for all my college applications because I didn't feel like it. *Thanks a million by the way*. We started reminiscing about the time we spent at Fairmont Heights. She even told me she still has some of the poems I used to write her (I need a copy of those because I lost all my early work. lol).




Its some things that I really miss about high school. Being a teenager seemed so tough at the time but now that I look back on it, I really had it sweet in high school. I was probably the biggest nerd/geek but yet I was really popular because I played sports and I was outgoing.I had zero responsibility. I was a great athlete (basketball and cross country). I was in countless clubs/organizations (national honor society, peer mediators, future teachers of Maryland, etc.). I had a part time job so I had extra money. I had a lot of good friends in high school (outside of my brothers) that are still my friends today. There are some people that I haven't seen or spoken to since graduation.

My 10 year high school reunion is coming up this summer. This means that I am becoming ancient more seasoned. It will be interesting to see what some people are doing with their lives now that we are 10 years removed from "the Heights". Some people I really just want to jump off a bridge stay at home, but I think it will be fun regardless.

No comments: