Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Movie Reviews



I really enjoy watching movies. I love all types of movies. I think my three favorite movies are Seven, Love Jones and Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (check my 'About Me' section lol). So, I haven't been to the movies in a while. The last movie I saw was The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. There have been at least 10 movies that premiered since that movie came out. So this weekend I saw two movies.

On Friday night I went to see Friday the 13th. As a child I was a fan of scary movies (especially Jason and Michael Myers). Now that I'm older I don't find movies scary at all. This movie wasn't any different. I did enjoy another Jason movie though. It was a lot of gore and Jason killed people in every imaginable way possible. He even had a bow and arrow (damn). I even chuckled a couple times at a few jokes. What I don't understand is when you have the killer down, why not just cut off his head (tm-Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween H20). Overall I enjoyed the movie.



On Sunday night I went to see Taken. I heard all good things from people who had already seen the movie. I agree with everyone else. If you want to see a movie with a lot of action sequences and a pretty good story line I recommend this movie. Liam Neeson did a really good job in this movie. The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the ending, but I really don't know how I would have ended it myself. So I guess the director gets a pass on that one.

No comments: