Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My mini-vacation

So I went to the American Society for Hematology National Conference from December 7-11th in Atlanta. My research focuses on prostate cancer but my grants are funded through the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, so I have to attend. Also, this conference is geared towards physicians and not basic research scientists. So in the end I basically end up doing nothing for 5 days, with money to blow.

So I'm in Atlanta with money to blow and time to spend it. So my conference goes like this:

Friday:
Drinks at the Ritz Carlton~free thanks to M.D.
4Play Fridays at NOIR

Saturday:
Brunch at Outback
Intro Dinner at Conference
Drinks at Stats Sports Bar
Clubbing at Verve
Gladys Night Chicken and Waffles

Sunday:
Lunch at Fox Sports Bar and Grille
Dinner at Pascuels
Clubbing at Velvet Room

Monday:
Finally went to the Conference (45min)
Lunch at Just Loafin
Lennox Mall
Monday Night Football
Dinner at Harlem Bar

Tuesday:
Back to Nashville.
Great Conference...lol

My assessment of Atlanta.
~Great city.
~Lots of homosexuals.
~People try to hard to floss. I refuse to believe that everyone is balling like that. Its sad if you drive a $50,000 car but live in an apartment.
~Too much traffic for no apparent reason.
~Everything is really spaced out. You have to drive like 15 minutes to get anywhere.

No comments: