Monday, December 3, 2007

Feeling Relieved

So yesterday was the big day. I took Phase I of my qualifying exam. I passed and I am very happy. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I have been preparing since September.

As far as my exam. One of my Committee members didn't show up, but honestly I wasn't too surprised because I think that he is incompetent anyway (His excuse was he got the dates mixed up). Either way I had 30-40 mintues to present my presentation and it went off without a hitch. As far as the questions that followed: I answered the first 12 or so questions flawlessly. I kind of got tripped up in the middle but I came on strong in the end.

They told me to leave the room while they discussed how I did. I was more nervous than a whore in church on a Sunday. I know I did well but I couldn't be too sure if they thought I did well enough to pass me. When they called me back in they told me that I passed and I was elated!

So now I have to collect more data and give a similar public presentation in front of anyone who wants to attend. This will take place 6-8 weeks from now, so I'm thinking the end of January or the beginning of February. I just thank God that he gave me the power, wisdom and insight to articulate my thoughts and suitably answer the questions that followed.

No comments: