Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Catching up with old flames

So I had a conversation with CL about wondering what happened to old flames and friends who seemed to drop off the face of the earth. After our conversation it got me wondering about two old flames. One is a girl named Mari whom I used to go out with my senior year in high school and she was my prom date. The other is a girl I haven't thought about in a long, long time. Her name is Dominique. She was my first real crush. I went to elementary school and middle school with her and I liked her the whole time. We went to different high schools because she ended up going to a private school.

So I ended up googling both of them. I found out that Mari works for the Enviornmental Protection Agency. So I emailed her to see how she was doing in life since I haven't talked to or seen her since like my freshman year in college. She emailed me back and let me know that she was doing fine. She moved from Oxon Hill to Alexandria and she has a four-year old daughter. It was good to hear from her.

I ended up emailing Dominique on classmates.com because I couldn't find any other contact info for her. Hopefully she contacts me because I'm really curious to see how she has been doing. I haven't seen her since the 8th grade (circa 1995).

No comments: