Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dream-10/24/09


Last night I went to sleep particularly early for a Saturday night (before 2am). I had just came back from going to a haunted house (maybe this has a lot to do with the nature of my dream). So in my dream I had I was sleep in my bed and someone was banging on my front door. In my dream I woke up and I looked at my alarm clock and it was 3:26am. As I was going to see who was at the door I heard someone kick in my back door. At this point my heat turned on and since my house is older it has a lot of creaks and cracks. I awoke in real life thinking someone actually was trying to break in my house.

It took me about 10 minutes to fall back to sleep. It seemed as soon as fell asleep I had the same dream with the same result. This happened 3 times. The last time I fell asleep I had a dream that I heard someone near my bedroom window. These individuals in question lit my house on fire. At this point in my dream I was looking at myself sleeping and I was telling myself to get up and get out of the house but for some reason I couldn't get up.

When I finally awoke in real life my heart was pounding out of control and I tried to move but for some reason I couldn't move my arms or legs. I really can't say how long this feeling lasted but when I finally looked at the clock it was after 3:30. I didn't fall back asleep till after 5 at which point I don't remember what I dreamed about.



*************************

Sleep paralysis consists of a period of inability to perform voluntary movements either at sleep onset (called hypnogogic or predormital form) or upon awakening (called hypnopompic or postdormtal form).Our bodies protect us from acting out our dreams by paralyzing us. Sometimes, the paralysis lingers after you wake up.

*************************

Burglary- is an untrustworthy individual; ulterior motives; someone who will end up taking something.

Arson- stands for willful destruction done in a person's life.

5 comments:

Miss Sia said...

Wow. My Nana calls sleep paralysis "The Hag" which is what her Grandmother called it, when you wake up but cannot move. They said "the hag is riding you" pause.

Terrifying.

I do believe the haunted house experience definitely played up whatever was in your psyche tho.

Reecie said...

yeah I've heard of it being referred to as "a witch riding your back" when you can't move while sleeping. it happened to me a long long time ago. I think the cause may not necessarily be the haunted house at all. hmmm.

Veronica said...

Umm Tunde... may I suggest that you read your Bible or something each night...LOL I'm just saying! Get some Jesus in ya brain before you go to sleep and maybe you'll be protected even more from your self in your dreams.

This one was weird though... fell asleep and had the same dream back to back? that's crazy. And it made me nervous especially since the last story you told me about the neighbor! (sigh) you know you can't tell me stuff- Imma worry wart! sheesh haven't you learned yet?!?! NOW Imma have a dream about you and your dream tonight whatch! Thanks for nothing!

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

hmmmm. I've experienced sleep paralysis, differently though. I won't say....but it feels so real

Ms.Minx said...

That is scary, dude.
I've had a dream like that (recurring, in one night) once or twice, but I'm not sure about the sleep paralysis. Maybe I was so scared to move I didn't even try.

So, umm, yeah, I HOPE it's just the haunted house that did it, cuz the other options really suck :o(

Do you think it could be one of those options though?