Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dream-10/17/09


One of the greatest heroes

This past Saturday I had a dream that I was at an amusement park in Nashville (no such thing exists in real life) and I was having a great time with my friends. I haven't been to an amusement park since maybe 2002. All of a sudden I see a bunch of people running and I hear security on the loud speaker telling everyone to exit the park in a calm and orderly manner. This only made people run towards the exit fast and more disorderly.

Nashville Skyline

As I looked towards the Nashville skyline I saw missiles being fired at the batman building. It was crazy because I couldn't exactly tell in what direction the missiles came from. All I know was that Nashville was under attack. Next thing I know there was a massive earthquake. The ground literally cracked open and a giant tripod (re: War of the Worlds) came out the ground and started killing people. As we all ran for our lives I saw missiles being fired at the tripod. I thought that it was entirely too fast for the military to get there. As I looked behind me I saw Optimus Prime firing missiles towards the tripod. Next thing I know its like 6 tripods fighting Optimus. He ended up killing all of them and saving the day.

Evil tripod
I know for a fact that I watch too much tv and way too many movies. Sad part is I don't plan on cutting back anytime soon.

**************

~Amusement Park- To see or be in an amusement park in your dream, indicates you need to set some time for leisure and more enjoyment in your life. Consider how everything in the park is an expression of some aspect of yourself. Alternatively, you may be too easily distracted lately.

~Robot- To see a robot in your dream, indicates that you are going about life in a mechanical and rigid way. You have lost the ability to express your feelings. Alternatively, a robot may symbolize the way you view your working life.

5 comments:

Milan said...

Okay, fav...LOL! You have some really VIVID dreams. I can't remember the last time I had a dream such as this...nowadays IF I remember a dream (is it bad that I rarely remember a dream unless something major happens in it?) its usually kinda fuzzy still. Just bits and pieces.

Got a couple of questions for ya though...
1. What does it mean when you have a recurring dream? Like there's this one particular dream I used to have (haven't had it in a while) and the same thing would happen...started when I was a kid and lasted into adulthood. Kinda freaked me out.

2. I used to have dreams a lot that someone was trying to kill me (what does that mean?)

3. Is it bad if you die in your dream? I've been in situations where i've been near death but never actually died. I heard its bad if you die in a dream.

4. I have lots of dreams where I KNOW i'm dreaming. Like i'll consciously tell myself IN my dream that "Milan, this is just a dream". Weird.

LOL...

Tunde said...

1. Recurring dreams could be about a problem or issue you have that needs to be looked at and worked on, but since you have never fully resolved it, your dreams keep showing it to you, until you can unravel whatever it's about, and resolve the problem.

2+3. I wouldn't imagine that it's a good thing to be killed in your dream but dreams have a funny way of having distinctly different meanings. To dream that you have been killed, suggests that your actions are disconnected from your emotions and conscience. Alternatively, the dream refers to drastic changes that are happening in your life. There is a characteristic that you want to get rid of or a habit that you want to end within yourself. Killing represents the killing off of old parts of yourself and old habits.

To dream that you die in your dream, symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or in your life. Although such a dreams may bring about feelings of fear and anxiety, it is no cause for alarm and is often considered a positive symbol. Dreams of experiencing your own death usually means that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind. These changes does not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits. So, dying does not always mean a physical death, but an ending of something.
On a negative note, to dream that you die may represent involvement in deeply painful relationships or unhealthy, destructive behaviors. You may feeling depressed or feel strangled by a situation or person in your waking life. Perhaps your mind is preoccupied with someone who is terminally ill or dying. Alternatively, you may be trying to get out of some obligation, responsibility or other situation.

4. You are referring to lucid dreaming. This dude, Frederik van Eeden, used the word "lucid" in the sense of mental clarity. Lucidity usually begins in the midst of a dream when the dreamer realizes that the experience is not occurring in physical reality, but is a dream. Often this realization is triggered by the dreamer noticing some impossible or unlikely occurrence in the dream, such as flying or meeting the deceased.

Milan said...

Okay...that really helps. Fascinating stuff. I guess I always tend to look at bad things that happen in dreams as bad period (i.e. question #2 and #3)when in reality it could mean the opposite. Some of those explanations make a lot of sense to me and my life.

The recurring dream I need to figure that one out. Haven't had it in a long time so maybe whatever that was about is resolved. It would just freak me out because it was ALWAYS the same...to the point where I knew exactly what would happen, when it would end and I knew I was dreaming.

I think I'm a pretty frequent lucid dreamer.

Thanks for answering my questions, babe. ;-)

Tunde said...

i don't think its possible for me to be a lucid dreamer. most of my dreams are impossible to happen in real life but my imagination gets the best of me and tells me that it could happen. eg- the dream i had when i was talking to a moose in my front yard. lol

Ms.Minx said...

Interesting stuff. Those answers are quite helpful to me too, so thanks to both of u!

Tunde, I think you may wanna take this dream thing on the road. I'll even buy u a turban and you can interpret folks' dreams :oP