Sunday, May 31, 2009

Album Releases

Cunning-ham but the only thing runnin is numbers fam
Jigga held you down six summers; damn, where's the love?

Summer is usually a big season for music. In my opinion, the past couple of summers have been disappointing as far as music is concerned. This summer has been cool so far. Albums that have dropped so far that are getting a lot of buzz are Eminem: Relapse, Cam'Ron: Crime Pays, Chrisette Michele: Epiphany and Method Man/Redman: Blackout 2.

There are a couple more albums that are slated to drop by the end of the summer that I'm looking forward to. Two of these albums are Trey Songz: Ready which drops on August 4th. Guest appearances include Fabolous, Ne-Yo, J. Holiday, Drake, Chris Brown, The Game. Production by Stargate and Jermaine Dupri (which is not surprising considering the Ocean's 7 collabo). Trey Songz has been killing the mixtape circuit remaking hits like Bust My Windows, Day and Night, Rockin That Thing and Blame It.

The first single on his album is "I Need A Girl"




Another album that I'm checking for is from on of my favorite rappers, Fabolous. I don't think he gets a lot of credit he deserves as a lyricist. IMO, I think he's a better rapper than Lil Wayne. Yeah, I said it. Now what! Fab has also been jumping on a gang of remixes and the mixtape circuit. His last album From Nothing to Something was banger. His last mixtape with DJ Drama was a beast. If you haven't heard it you can download it here. His album, Loso's Way is slated to drop June, 30th. Guest apperances include Jay-Z, Marsha Ambrosious, Lil Wayne, Trey Songz, The-Dream, Jeremih, Ryan Leslie & Keri Hilson.

His first two singles are "Throw It In The Bag" ft. The-Dream



and "Its My Time" ft. Jerimih

4 comments:

Streetz said...

thanks fam! IM d/l that loso joint now

Muze said...

love trey songz. can't wait for it to drizzzop. lol

CC Solomon said...

I like Trey Songz. He flys a bit under the radar sometimes which is cool, better than Chris Brown!

Milan said...

I'm most excited for Redman/Method Man Blackout 2. Those are my boys.